Be mindful that you are hiring the attorney and will pay the attorney to win your case. Though personality between you and the attorney are important, you are not trying to hire a‘friend’. Select the attorney who has the character, reputation and experience to win. You should interview several attorneys as each attorney has his/her own uniqueness and experiences. Here are some general questions that apply when seeking an attorney in almost any area of law.
– How long have you been practicing law?
– How much experience do you have in handling the particular type of legal issue I have?
– Have you been chosen to give lectures to other lawyers on this or related topics?
– Are you a member of any bar associations or committees related to this type of legal matter?
– Do you have a website or other information about your professional experiences and credentials?
– Will you work on this matter by yourself, or will associate attorneys and paralegals also be involved? If others will be involved,what will be the division of effort?
– What are the possible outcomes of this type of matter?
– What will you charge me to act as my Attorney?
– What types of expenses other than fees will I have to pay?
– Do you have malpractice insurance in case a mistake is made?
– Have you ever been the subject of public disciplinary action?
– Do you use email to communicate?
– Are you licensed to practice law?
– Have you ever lost a case?
– Do you handle cases on contingency basis?
A lawsuit is a civil action brought before a court of lawin which ap laintiff, a party who claims to have received damages from a defendant’s actions, seeks a legal or equitable remedy. The defendant is required to respond to the plaintiff’s complaint. If the plaintiff is successful, judgment will be given in the plaintiff’s favor, and arrange of court orders may be issued to enforce a right, award damages,or impose an injunction to prevent an act or compel an act. The conduct of a lawsuit is called litigation. Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsuit
Use our Legal Search Guide to find Legal Law Information on Lawsuit Legal Rights:
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Websites about Mediation, Arbitration, Lawsuits, Ombudsman and Paralegal:
Visit Our Legal Directories:
Visit Our Lawsuit Information Resources: